These are the questions from 'In Bloom' , Christ University fest .
1) The Maple Leaf , Kruger Rand , American Eagle are the most famous types of what ?
2) Manuel Zelayaa was the president if which country when he was deposed by an internal coup and exiled? The ensuing crisis created a rather weird diplomatic alliance of nations against the coup conspirators .
3) Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 . Who was the last sitting US president to win the Nobel Peace Prize ?
4) Name the advanced radar system that India purchased from Israel for $1.1 billion .
5)The burial site of St.Thyagaraja along the banks of the river Kaveri is the site for a famous and legendary music festival . Id the place .
6) Mercury, the Roman god used a pair of odd looking footware called the Talaria to aid him in travel. Which company borrows its logo from Talaria ?
7) X is the author of the book Il Milione. X dictated the book to his fellow inmate ,Rustichello, in jail. His epitaph reads " I have only told the half of what i saw ! " . Id X .
8) X was the largest freestanding dome in the world for almost 1800 years. A part of the structure uses a small portion from an earlier construction commissioned by Marcus Agrippa , but its design of a perfect sphere was designed by emperor Hadrian . Id X .
9) This 1954 book detalis the accounts of a certain Cuban named Santiago while he struggles with a large marlin on a fishing expedition . This book won th Pulitzer prize in 1953 and the Nobel Prize in 1954, becoming one of the shortest books to ever achieve this . Id the book .
10 ) He was the first president of the Indian Youth Congress in 1969. He served in several key portfolios including External Affairs, Finance and Industries. He was a key contender for post of prime minister in the 1990's but lost out to Narasimha Rao, and eventually leading him to create a splinter group of the COngress with Arjun SIngh. Who ?
11) This word was coined around the 1730's to describe the philosophy of Lebnitz who beleived the word is as good as it could get. Id the word which is derived from the Latin word for 'best' .
12) What is the common thread to the etymologies of the nation names - Philippines , Bolivia and Mauritius ?
13) This great tennis player was the runner-up in 4 Wimbledon finals - 1954 , 1956 , 1970 and 1974 .Who ?
14) In Homer's Odessey , Athena takes the guise of a trusted counselor of Ulysses to guide his son Telemachus encouraging him to look for his father who went to war. The form Athena took is a common english term today used in similar context to the actions she performed .ID the word .
15)The Pledge , Crossing Guard, Indian Runner and Into the Wild are movies directed by which oscar winning actor ?
16) A terrorist group seeking independence for WHICH oil rich region of Angola attackedthe Togo national football team in the recent past ?
17) This instrument is made from wood of the Accha tree. Ir is composed of 3 parst viz. kuzhal , thimuru and the anasu . Which instrument ?
18) In 1905 Muthuswami Mudaliar for Ooty setup a business by preparing butter an coffee powder and organizing home deliveries . He opened his first shop in 1936 and shortly thereafter shifted base entirelyto Bangalore . Id the store.
19) There was only one student in the room , who was bending over a distant table absorbed in his work. At the sound of our steps he glanced around and sprang to his feet with a cry of pleasure," I've found it ! I've found it !", he shouted .....running towards us with a test tube in his hand." I have found a reagent which is precipitated by heamoglobin and nothing else" . Whose first appearance ?
20) Which 1860's novel provides the most famous literary account of the BAttle of Borodino between France and Russia ?